Pages

Sunday 6 August 2017

Artist Model: Marc Chagall

Marc Chagall was born 6th of July 1887 in Liozna, Russian Empire and died on the 18th of March 1985.
March Chagall was an early modernist. He used many different artistic styles and worked in almost every artistic format including painting, book illustrations, stained glass, stage sets, ceramic, tapestries and fine art prints. My favourite part about Marc Chagall's paintings in particular are his backgrounds. Such as in these paintings.


Image result for marc chagall paintings


Image result for marc chagall paintings


Image result for marc chagall paintings

For my first board I focused on Rene Magritte's idea of surrealism, simplicity and morphing objects together, so for my second board I am going to focus on Marc Chagall and using his ideas of using backgrounds that a very eclectic have a lot of texture and are often very disorientating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.